Friday, January 6, 2012

Smallie Fishing December 2011

I can't believe how nice the weather has been here in MN. Christmas was such a busy time for us this year with our 10 month old daughter. So, when my buddy Nick called to see it I wanted to get out fishing one more time in 2011, I said "hell ya, let's go." It was nice to find some open water and catch a few smallies. It was only the second time I've been able to fish like this with Nick (last time was February 2011 and I didn't own a pair of waders then). The last time we tried this, I was stuck casting from shore and had to endure watching him catch a dozen nice smalllies out in his waders before I finally said "screw it" and went home. So, I talked my wife into getting me a pair of waders (thanks, babe) for Christmas. By the time I got out there, Nick had been fishing for a few hours with quite a few caught already. I was only able to fish for a couple of hours and I only caught one, lost one, and missed two. They weren't biting like gangbusters while I was there, but Nick was able to catch three or four (and miss a few more). Even though fishing wasn't great, I was glad to get out on (or I guess I should say "in") the water for a couple of hours. If it stays nice, I hope to get out again this winter before everything freezes up.




No comments:

Post a Comment