Sunday, March 11, 2012

RB Coon Lake - September 2011

The final Renegade Bassers tournament for 2011 was on Coon Lake in September. I went out and prefished the day before for a couple of hours and only managed to find one nice bass up shallow. As I was heading in I saw Guy and his son heading out to do a little prefishing, too. I was glad to see that since I was fishing with Guy during the tournament.  Guy was able to find only one area on that had some fish so we started there in the morning. I started off throwing a texas-rigged tube and about an hour in I hooked into a nice 3lber. We fished the area for awhile longer, but couldn't manage to find anymore. Since I had found a really nice 4+lber the day before in shallow, we decided to try some shallow areas.  We spent the next few hours throwing senko's and jigs but couldn't find any keepers. We passed John as we were changing spots and he mentioned that he had some luck throwing a crankbait so we tried that for a while to no avail. We went back to the area where I caught my fish, but couldn't scrounge up any more there either. We starting working shallow again and Guy was able to catch a 3lber on a swim jig just before the end of the tournament. It was a really tough day for us and we each only had 1 keeper all day. We weren't the only ones that struggled though. There were four guys that only turned in one fish. Guy finished with a 3.24lber for 13th place,mine was 3.27lbs for 12th place, and Mark just beat me with a 3.28 for 11th. Chris won the tournament with a 5 fish limit weighing 16.13lbs. Nice work Chris.

No comments:

Post a Comment