Wednesday, November 30, 2011

How it all started

So, I figure I should probably start out with how I got into this addiction called bass fishing.  I've loved fishing for as long as I can remember. As a kid, we never fished for a specific species; we just trolled around and whatever we could catch was great.  As I grew older and busier, it seemed like fishing just wasn't a priority anymore. I enjoyed it, but just didn't make the time to go. I'd go fishing with my family, but it was usually only a couple times a year.

After my wife and I got engaged, we started going camping with her family. That led to more time to go fishing. I talked with my mom and talked her into letting me use my grandpa's old 14' aluminum fishing boat. That worked for a while, but I really wanted something more than that little 6 horse motor. Then, in 2010, my wife and I found a great deal on a nice little 16' Starcraft and getting out on the water became a priority again. Usually it was during camping trips and man did we go on alot of camping trips - almost every weekend that summer.  At the end of that summer, a co-worker of mine that is also a fishing guide and I were discussing some of those trips and some of the catches we had that year. He hadn't realized how much I loved fishing so he asked if I had ever been bass fishing. I hadn't so we went out a couple times. After he saw I was interested, he asked if I wanted to fish a charity tournament with him. Of course I agreed. So, the first Sunday in October, 2010 we fished the Viking Bassmasters Invitational and the addiction started.

No comments:

Post a Comment